Sunday, July 1, 2012

June 2012 - New Adventures

June was an exciting month for me.  I took the plunge and went from isolated at-home quilter to an internationally connected blogging quilter.   WOW!  (I promise that sounds sooooo much more impressive than it is in reality!)


I'm grateful for the people I have met and the opportunities that have presented themselves to me in June.  First, I'd like to acknowledge May from Confessions of a Fabraholic. She graciously allowed me, a total stranger, to join her international quilting bee, Star of Africa.  Quilters from most continents are represented in this bee and I hope I do not disappoint them with my Tennessee inspired block.  May encouraged take the plunge into the blogosphere and I'm glad I took her advice.


Next, I'd like to thank Beth from Plum and June for introducing readers to quilting bloggers each week.  Look for my stop on the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop in November.  In the meantime, I encourage you to visit Beth's blog where you will find some great advice for new bloggers.  


Finally, I have to give a shout out to Lesley from The Cuddle Quilter for allowing me to participate in the Think Christmas blog hop later this month.  This will be my first blog hop and I can't wait.  I love Christmas!


All in all, I think you will agree....June was full of new adventures for me.  -Not bad for a new quilting blogger...if I do say so myself.  


Check back tomorrow.  I've been working on a new quilt based on the 'Envy" quilt block from Modern Blocks.  I think you will like it.  


Until then. - Happy Quilting

2 comments:

  1. Blogging and it's associated links is almost as time addictive as patchworking, LOL, welcome to the dark side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kim. I'm with you in the bee...
    I agree with you, it's been the same for me... becoming an international quilting bee participant, and a novice blogger at the same time. Adding that I'm not english-speaker, so I'm enhancing my English skills through blogging.

    ReplyDelete